Healthy Vegan Crunch Bars
I was recently reminded of this healthy favorite while we were visiting my brother in Canada, and his girlfriend made them for him for his birthday treat. It is one of his favorites! And the whole family agreed it is a delicious treat!
50 grams or 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
105 grams or 1/2 cup of coconut oil
100 grams or 1/4 cup and 1 tablespoon of pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
30 grams or 1 1/4 cup of puffed rice
50 grams or 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
pinch of salt
1. Melt coconut oil with cacao powder in a small saucepan on the stove on low heat. Once mixed, add in the maple syrup, vanilla, and a pinch of salt. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Add in the puffed rice and shredded coconut and ensure it is completely covered with the chocolate topping.
3. Line a 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper. Pour in the crunch bar mixture and level out to an even layer in the pan.
4. Place in freezer for 60 minutes until completely set.
5. Cut into bars and remove from parchment paper.
Tip: Keep any leftovers in the freezer to prevent melting of the chocolate mixture.