Healthy Scotcheroo Bars
These bars are silly easy and dangerously delicious! Be careful as they are easy to devour in a couple of hours... er...days…
This recipe makes a large batch thus use an American size rectangle cake pan 13 x 9 x 2 inch (30 x 20 x 3 cm) – half the recipe for European size cake pans.
- 3 cups of oats (blend - or buy oat flour)
- 2 cups of nut butter- almond butter, peanut butter, sunflower butter (if nut allergy)
- 1 cup of honey (maple syrup for vegans)
- ½ cup of dark chocolate chips (80% or higher)
1. Blend the oats into flour.
2. Mix honey and peanut butter together and then mix in a big bowl with the oats.
3. Press this mixture into a cake pan and put in the refrigerator
4. Melt the dark chocolate chips in a glass bowl over a saucepan filled with hot water.
5. Pour dark chocolate over the top of the oat mixture, refrigerate and voila!
These are my go to bars for a get-together as it makes a big batch and it is definitely a crowd pleaser! Enjoy!
And as you start to ease off the sugar, and re-calibrate your taste buds and cravings.. you can also reduce the amount of honey to 1/2 cup to reduce the amount of sugar.