Delicious Vegan Coconut Cookies
For those familiar with girl scout cookies, these are a healthified version of the Samoa Girl Scout cookies and come kid approved!
This recipe makes a dozen cookies.
1 cup (100 grams) of shredded coconut
1 cup (175 grams) of Medjool dates
1 bar (100 grams) of dark chocolate preferably 80% or higher
1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil
1. Toast the shredded coconut in the oven at 180 C or 350 F, around 5 minutes then mixed and put back in for another 3 minutes until the majority is toasted. (Tip, be sure to watch as you don't want it to burn.)
2. Blend shredded coconut and dates until mixed with a food processer is best, although we have also used an immersion blender.
3. Shape them into rounds and you can add a hole in the middle with a straw.
4. Put them in the freezer for 20 min.
5. Melt the chocolate and coconut oil. Take the cookies out of the freezer, put them on a cookie tray with baking paper, then dip the bottoms in chocolate and drizzle some chocolate over the top.
6. Put them in the refrigerator for another 20 minutes. They will be easy to pull off the baking paper and ENJOY!
This is definitely part of my 20% indulgent on the weekends.