• 1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes
• 3 eggs
• 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
• 1/4 cup raw honey
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
• 3 tablespoons coconut flour
• 2 tablespoons cacao powder
• 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
• a pinch of salt
• ½ cup of chopped 85% dark chocolate
• ½ cup of chopped walnuts
1. First up – bake the sweet potatoes. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C or 425 F. Be sure to use a fork to put some holes around the sweet potatoes, wrap in aluminum foil and put it in the oven for 30 – 45 minutes.
2. When the sweet potato cooked all the way through, you can test with a fork – it will be soft and the skin will peel off easyily. Mash it up in a mixer or bowl and then turn the oven down to 175 C or 350 F.
3. Time to mix together the wet ingredients: eggs, honey, and vanilla to the mixer or bowl and mix together.
4. Now add the coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Mix together.
5. Once thoroughly mixed, you can add any additions – dark chocolate bits and walnuts .
6. Pour into an 8x8 inch cake pan, or the like.
7. Bake for 30 minutes and be sure to let cool … if you can wait that long!
These are my son and my brother’s favorite! I would love to hear what you think!